Thursday 22 May 2014

Restaurant Review: Villa Bianca

The hubby and I recently celebrated one month of married bliss with a dinner date. We had heard for some time from friends about a restaurant called Villa Bianca. We decided to try it. Now, don't be out off by the location as I initially was. Situated in Kempton Park, it is on the outskirts of one of Johannesburg's most industrial areas, I was a bit skeptical on the drive there. However stepping inside and my thought was "This is more like it!" The restaurant was cosy, with a large bustling fireplace at one end. I would give it 5 stars for ambiance. We completely forgot the cold, the hustle and bustle of the outside world.




You are spoiled for choice with the menu. They boast an impressive wine list and the sushi menu was one of the most attractive I've seen. For starters I ordered the chicken livers (peri peri, ofcourse) and the hubby had the Prawn Chaninha (see pic below), both divine.

Prawn Chaninha


The mains did not disappoint; hubby ordered the Lindt Chilli Chocolate Fillet, and I had the Lamb Kleftiko with a cream and mint sauce. If I said the Lamb literally melted in my mouth, I wouldn't be lying. It was possibly one of the best lamb shanks I've had (and I've had alot!).Yum! Unfortunately halfway through my meal I found what I can only describe as a "plastic tag" sitting merrily in my side of green beans. The manager  however must be commended for handling the situation well and my meal was immediately replaced.The dessert was a bit disappointing, I felt there was something lacking in the chocolate mousse.


The Lindt Chilli Chocolate Fillet:



Lamb Kleftiko

My overall experience was great! I will definitely be back, especially to tuck into the sushi which I didn't get a chance to try this time around!

Check out their website: Villa Bianca
or contact them to make reservations (they're usually full, even on a weekday!):  (011) 974 1990

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment