Wednesday 27 August 2014

Isabella's Cake & Food Shop

I saw a pic of the bunny chow served at Isabella's Cake & Food shop on twitter & I just had to have it. So hubby and I popped by the Northcliff branch over the weekend. All I can say about this place is that everything is so darn cute. From the display of pies and cakes at the entrance to the different tea sets that they serve their tea in. The shop itself is was bustling but cosy, and I'm just crazy about the damask decor - the walls, the chairs, the counters - its everywhere! There's also an upstairs area where you can host private events and there's WIFI (whoop!).

Isabella's Food & Cake Shop Northcliff
Isabella's Cake & Food Shop Northcliff

Isabella's Food & Cake Shop Northcliff
For drinks we ordered the Nutella chocolate milkshake, which was an absolute winner. The "Apple Orchid" was terrific too - an infusion of apple and mint - very refreshing!

Isabella's Food & Cake Shop Northcliff
The Nutella Chocolate Milkshake (L) & the "Apple Orchid" (R)
Isabella's is a coffee/cake shop. The food on the menu is mostly salads and wraps, not heavy food - which makes for a great lunchtime option. The hubby ordered the pulled lamb mini burgers, while I went straight for the bunny chow (which is what drew me to this place in the first place.) The lamb on the mini burgers was slightly dry for my liking, but the hubby seemed to enjoy it. The bunny chow was a great surprise! It wasn't the conventional "Durban" bunny (I'd know, I was born and raised there!). It wasn't too spicy but it wasn't bland either. It had its own blend of flavours, which made it unique. All this topped by a divine hazlnut cake made a great Sunday lunch. I'll definitely be back, the lunch buffet looked amaze, I'm keen to try that next!

Isabella's Food & Cake Shop Northcliff
Mini Burgers - pulled leg of lamb

Isabella's Food & Cake Shop Northcliff
Chicken Curry Bunny Chow

Isabella's Food & Cake Shop Northcliff
"Hazelnut Duchess"

Check out their site for more info: Isabella's Cake & Food Shop

- P





2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all folks you actually understand what you�re speaking about! Bookmarked. Please also discuss with my site =). We could have a link alternate arrangement among us! try this site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I�m using the same blog platform as yours and I�m having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot! read more

    ReplyDelete